Criss Cross Wrap Tutorial | Newborn Photography Wrapping
The criss cross, toes out wrap is one of my absolute favorite wrapping techniques for newborn photography! It keeps baby snug, tucks those arms, but still shows off those adorable baby toes. I love the shape and flow that this wrap can add to an image. This is also a pretty simple wrap that can even be done with an awake and fussy baby (see video). Here are 5 simple steps to achieve the criss cross wrap for baby photography.
Criss Cross Newborn Photography Wrap
- Place the center (lengthwise) of the wrap under baby’s bottom about halfway up the back.
- Grab the edge of the wrap that is closest to you on both sides about 4 inches from baby’s feet. Wrap it around the tops of baby's feet and tie a knot to secure the toes in place.
- Take one side of the wrap and bring it up and around baby’s opposite shoulder. Tuck it around babies back toward his bum.
- Do the same thing with the other side.
- If you are using an extra long wrap then you may be able to do the criss cross around the front of baby again. If not, that's okay, just be sure that the knot around baby's feet is hidden. You could also add a decorative wrap on top in the same criss cross pattern.
Here is a video walkthrough so you can see exactly how to do the criss cross wrap.
I love how this wrap shows off those cute baby toes too!
Have you done this wrap before? Let us know how you like it in the comments!
Leave a comment